channonhodge (AT) gmail
CNN Digital Labs, NY, NY, Feb. 2016 to present
- Originate and execute short docs and series for a team tasked with rethinking online, broadcast and live event storytelling.
- Originated and manage the technology sponsored series, “Agility in Action,” a web series and half-hour television program, and the sponsored business travel series, “Away.”
- Create and oversee digital and social content creation to support HLN including; editing show websites; overseeing social content production and analysis and creating short docs on injustices and exonerations in the U.S. criminal justice system.
The New York Times, Video Journalist, NY, NY, December 2011 to December 2015
- Created the economics series “Everyone’s Business”, “Clothes and Character” and the race and comedy series “Off Color”, which was picked up by over fifteen different news outlets.
- Hired and oversaw freelance shooters in the field.
- Wrote accompanying articles and engaged print reporters in the video production process.
- Produced daily news segments for our first live web series, sourced and booked guests, and managed production for, “Business Day Live” and “TimesCast Politics.”
The New York Times Student Institute, Teacher, NY, NY, June 2014 to 2015
- Mentor and teach video journalism to young students at a yearly summer program designed to increase diversity in newsrooms.
- Edit student work for online publication.
WNYC Public Radio, Intern and Freelance Producer, NY, NY, Sept. 2011 to March 2012
- Reported, pitched, and produced radio stories in the field covering local politics and culture on extremely tight daily deadlines. Also took photos and wrote accompanying stories for the web.
BET Network, Promotions Consultant, NY, NY, May 2010 to Jan. 2011
- Planned marketing campaigns to increase the television audience. Ran audience analysis and ratings reports. Implemented new workflow procedures to increase department productivity.
Oxygen Media, Promotions Manager, NY, NY Feb. 2005 to May 2008
- Managed on-air promotions and created targeted scheduling plans based on key demographics. Managed marketing campaigns and production schedules, and supervised coordinators.
Lifetime Television, Promotions Coordinator, NY, NY, May 2002 to Feb. 2005
- Lifetime Volunteer Corps, Above and Beyond Employee Award 2004
WGBH, The American Experience, Intern, Boston, MA, June 1999 to Sept. 1999
- Assisted production team, researched and sourced archival materials for documentaries.
Neighborhood Network News, Production Staff, Boston, MA, Sept. 1998 to June 1999
- Edited stories, ran cameras, and sourced guests for a live daily newscast.
CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, M.A.
Health Reporting and Multimedia Focus, Interactive Teaching Assistant.
Boston University, B.S. in Communications, Minor in Anthropology.
Premiere, Final Cut Pro 7.0, Adobe Photoshop and retouching,
Canon C100, Canon Mark III, Canon XF305, Sony Fs7 and A7, DJI Osmo, Basic After Effects,
Dual European citizenship